Thursday, November 02, 2006



A Story

I watched the movie Big Fish today. I've watched it before, but watching it the second time reminded me of why it is one of my favourite movies till today. The story Big Fish revolves around a great story telling dad and his son Will. Will grows up to be a writer, and his father's illness reconciles them. Will tries to seek the truth behind his father's unimaginable stories, and realises that all along, he has always known the man behind the stories, and before his passing, finally sees his father as the amazing person he is.

Something in the film struck me. About how we never really appreciate what we love the most. A loved one is like a story. A story so unique that is like no other. But when we hear a story over and over, it gets tired. And we forget how amazing and beautiful the story is. We forget how we used to appreciate it. But then one day we don't hear the story anymore. We find something missing in us. And then we realise we miss it more than we know.

If only we could remember every story of our life. And imgaine we are hearing each story for the first time. And appreciate each one for how wonderful it is.

I find we often forget what people to mean to us. Especially the ones closest to us. The ones who are always thinking and worrying for us. The ones who care when everyone else has given up. The ones who are there when we need someone to confide in. We don't give them credit. For those who I care for the most, you each are my stories, and you mean everything to me.

No comments: