Thursday, November 02, 2006

Not Looking Back

I always smile when I think back of the good old days. Those were some really good times we had. We didn't have a care in the world, and it seemed like they'd never end. Those were some really happy days don't you think? and I will always think back on them fondly. But to be honest. I don't miss them anymore.

There are times when I feel like saying hello to find out how things are going. But I stop because I don't think it makes a difference to you. Things have changed alot lately. There came a point where you got so caught up, that you forgot about the other important things in your life. So I guess things moved on. And I guess for the better. It's fair to say you took it for granted and you let things slide. And I wonder if the rest of the people around you felt the same way. At least I'm sure the people who truly care for you would have felt a drift.

I can only tell you this. I put in every effort I had. You know I did what I could. But there came a point where you just couldn't be bothered, and never made it easy. And for the first time ever, I gave up for real. It didn't happen overnight. It's just that you didn't care to notice. You didn't see I had hit a rough spot of my own. I guess I stopped trying because I knew it no longer mattered to you. And for once, I made a decision with my head. Things have changed alot in this time. All for the better. And since then, I haven't looked back.

One thing I know, is that there were once good times. And I will always think of those days as one of my best. But things have moved on. For now, I wish you all the best. And I hope you'll wish me luck too. Because I've found my solid ground. Friends who are there for me no matter what the circumstance. Bonds that are stronger and tighter than before. The days are long and happy. A place where I can grow and chase my dreams. And I hope one day you'll find it for yourself too. Despite the distance that has grown between us, even though things will never be the same, I will always be on your side.

No comments: