Wednesday, November 15, 2006

A Day In The Life

A day starts with

1 missed call and a message about project meetings
15 minutes more sleep no matter what time it is
Clothes and toiletries in a whirlwind
1 small dab of Gatsby
A dilemma about which jacket
A bigger dilemma about which bag
Sweating like a dog walking from my house to the bus stop
Curling up in a ball on the bus with my earphones on
Waking up just in time to press the bus bell
Reaching school half awake
Bumping into Steve (again) at Subway
Planning for dinner already with my bros
6” spicy Italian with BBQ and Chipotle Southwest sauce. No olives
Interrupting the class that has already started
Jasmine with a “happs” seat saved for me
Pretending to listen but really MSNing
Trent if really boring
Struggling with my sub sandwich
A cheese stain on my pants
Raising my hand where appropriate to simulate participation
Nodding as if I understand
Strawberry green tea and happs chicken during break
Making fun of the prof’s new haircut
Jasmine saying “I want to borrow your jacket”
400metres dash from Social Science to Business block
Repeating “Hey, where you off to?” 10 times in the concourse
Never being able to finish a conversation with anyone in time
Lunch at Armenian with The Randoms
Sweating like a dog number 2.
Syazzie with tissue
Mee soto. No tau gei. More noods. Coke.
A message from Dzarrin. “Dinner?”
A message to Weiyi and King Yau. “Dinns?”
Laughter when Chloe does the Scat thing
Riccardo and Marco jokes galore
At least 5 mentions about the geeks in school
Insider jokes and nicknames galore
More laughter ensues
Lazing at the lounge
A call from Cheryl that starts with “OH MY GOD YOU KNOW…”
I normally don’t know
Telling the randoms I love SMU
Their reply, “YES WE KNOW, IAN.”
Mugging in the library (mugs in the libs)
Me and Serene almost shouting and laughing in the libs
A conversation that uses “happs”, “act only kind”, “OH MY” and “SHUTTS”
Jasper denying he is a mugger
Chips and drinks smuggled under my jacket
Struggling between studying and MSNing
Messaging KY to hurry up and join me
One racist comment about noisy foreign students
A Call from Dzarrin. Dinner time!
LKCSB scholars room for regrouping
Ish with Lance-ish and Jayne-ish
Weimseer the red nosed reindeer
KY and WY at SOB
Mom calling to find out if I’m coming home for dinner
15 minutes to decide where to eat
Almost inevitably ending up at Magic Wok for beef kway teow
More laughing than eating
Jokes about dyslexia, dzarzilla, my hickey and non-racist racist jokes
Another 15 minutes to decide whether to go to Island Creamery
Deciding not to go and saying bye for 5 minutes
Dzarrin and me on the west line home
A nostalgic thought of the good old days
Recap of the more stupid events of the day
Byes at Dover station
Stepping on snails and frogs accidentally
Sweating like a dog number 3
A hot shower and dove shower cream
Laptop out and MSN running
Yahoo Grafitti with friends
Expletives galore
Picassa, Friendster and Blogger
5 chat windows running
12 midnight SMU group study room booking
Cursing at the scholars who always somehow book faster
Crashing Mikey’s room to get a jacket
David knocks on my door to borrow a shirt
Booking group study rooms at midnight
A growling stomach
2 packets of Chu Qian Yi Ding in front of the computer
Telling myself 15 minutes more
Emo chatting after 1am
The clock shows 2am as if suddenly
Wash up and oxy
Nightish to my friends
Thankful for my pals
Glad to be in SMU
Cancelling out all thoughts
Sleepish

No comments: