Thursday, November 02, 2006


My Brother, The Fucking Rockstar

Excuse the french, but my I am the most fucking proud brother in the world. My youngest bro Mike joined a band competition as the lead singer of his band. Actually I had a wedding dinner on today so I wasn't going to able to make it, but I thought I'd just miss some of the dinner to support my bro. I think I was the only one so dressed up and I felt like the oldest kid there.

When it was Mike's turn to perform, his band came out dressed in brit rocker pilot caps and Mike had this punk shirt with epaulettes on the sleeves. I've never seen Mike on stage before and hearing him rocking the set was really cool. His vocals are very clear and his voice isn't the junk shit that most rockers have, like the emo raspy shit. Mike has a unique voice of his own, clear and easy to listen to. He sang one by the Red Hot Chilli Peppers and Pretty Vegas. The music was so good. I swear if he had an album I'd buy. I couldn't believe this was my bro. I was fucking screaming and shouting like hell. I bet the other kids were thinking WTF is this guy doing kind seriously.

In the end Mike's band got 2nd. But who gives a shit seriously. It was fucking good kind. And for me thats fucking good enough. I'm very happy Mike went all out for this despite the fact that he was feeling nervous about it. And I'm fucking square proud of him.

No comments: