Thursday, November 23, 2006

Some Kinda Week

This is officially one of the most fun yet stressful exam periods ever. Everyday I come to school at 11am and leave at 10pm. Its ben pretty tiring keeping to the work schedule but it beats staying at home to study.

Thank God for SMU. Everyday, even if I haven't arranged for my mugging pals, there are always the rest of my friends to hangout with. I love SMU so fuck off if you don't. On Monday I had lunch with Huss, Yves, Jerry and Qingling at the Sultan's Kebabs place which was REALLY good. Then back to studying, and then I think gym and dinns with Boons and Weims. Or shit was that Friday? Can't remember really. Gee what happened on Tues? Haha ok the mugging part is at least confirmed but I can't remember what else. The only sketchy things I remember doing this week in no particular order is this:

- meeting Tim everywhere in school
- laughing like mad everytime I bump into Angsish and her starry starry night shoes
- laughing with Gabe
- mugging with Jasps and friends
- mugging with Dz
- dinns with part of the fteebsers
- going to sultan's kebabs 3 times this week
- having lunch with Steve twice
- imitating weim's "budget leh"
- going to Armenian once

Ok as I look through what I actually did it looks like I had a pretty unhapps week haha. But I think there have been alot of laughs and fun haha even though this has been a really YUCKSNESS time of the year. I can't wait for the hols.

2nd Dec- last day of exams
3rd - 1oth Dec - Japan trip to Yokohama
11th - 31st Dec - internship
1st Jan - start of school

Gee. Shit I always do this to myself. NEVER taking breaks during our holidays. This time I'm doing an internship with Water's Edge Advertising Consultancy, which is a ad agency which does the work for DBS, POSB and ABN-AMRO. Hopefully it will be interesting. I've done 2 marketing internships already so maybe this will give me more insight into the world of advertising. People always think that advertising is creative and cool. But the truth is, after working in 2 different marketing departments, people need to realise that advertisers are the slaves of the marketers. It's the marketers who set the creative direction of the company and who ultimately have the final say. So I think by being a slave for one month, I will understand more about advertising and help me in my marketing career.

Shit I just remembered I vowed to take up tennis and adobe photoshop before the end of the year.

Ok. Back to the books. It's only 3.15pm so I have about 7 plus hours to go before I head home to watch more ANTM cycle 7. I hope I can finish my democracy readings today.

I love SMU out.

No comments: