Wednesday, February 07, 2007

What You Make Of It

Today was a good day. I don't know why but it was. Nothing special really happened.

I heard S might be coming to SMU. He heard from L that there's alot of politics. HAHA. Of all people to ask seriously. L is the most poser act-cool piece of shite in school. Puke seriously. He's one of those people that are damn yucks and damn insincere. Just the kind you wanna smack and send back to secondary school. The truth is, SMU is a fantastic school with an amazing mix of students. Sure there are a few dopes, but you'd be a real loser if you got caught up with any politics here, because this ain't no AC. AC was really a fun time. But, AC really had alot of politics, and if you survive there and remain on top, you'll be set for life. But really who gives a shizzle? I know a handful of people still living in their AC world, caught up with the politics of themselves. And that's just damn sad. And mostly loser.

But yeah I know a couple of friends who aren't enjoying themselves in school because they can't find real friends in school. I think in part its because they don't really put their heart into the school. I don't blame them though. Some of them have commitments outside of school, and some aren't enjoying the things they are doing. It's not easy going to school with your mind somewhere else, and I understand. But, if you really make an effort, you'd find SMU has so many people to meet. It's when you really go to school with an open mind and heart that you really see the amazing people you can meet. One thing that really helps, is actually trying to make the effort to meet new people.

I've made alot of new friends this term, and I think I am drawn to people who are sincere. I think I make friends easily because I am upfront and not a PR kind of person, and I won't ask you how your day was if I really don't give a shit. If I do not like you, I probably won't even pretend to. And I think people respect you for that. For just being yourself. And my advice to my friends is to look for friends who are just themselves. No guessing games required.

I think I have doubled my hi-bye friends. But more importantly, I've quadrupled my solid friends. Really amazing people who I can count on to be themselves. The most yucks thing is speaking with a friend who is being damn PR with you. That really makes me puke. I have learnt that you can be PR, but please, sincerity is alot more important.

Today I bumped into Jasper at the talk. Good to see him after so long. Went for dinns with Poons and had bibimbap and Ben & Jerry's. I am totally enjoying my days in school. Lovesit cube. But I think I only enjoy it because I am making the effort to maximise on everything good about the school, and I hope my friends can do the same too. And maybe look back on our 4 years here as an amazing chance to grow as a person. There's no such thing as the perfect situation. It's what you make of it.

No comments: