Monday, February 05, 2007

A Good Day

Today was supposed to be a sucky day. I had Econs class in the morning and my interview at noon. The interview session was so-so but I think I did ok. I studied with Weims and Gabesness at the libs till dinner time. Weims ate 4 packets of a hello panda equivalent. Financial Accounting was seriously a serious piece of shite. I work so hard for this subject I could really cry. I am SO overusing my eyemo eye drops. They should really call this eye pot or eye crack.

The good part only came about 6.45pm when I had dinner with WY, Jols and DZ. They convinced me to get out of school and STOP MUGGING. And we did! Suddenly, a Monday tots felt like a friday. As we walked across the campus green we had a shouting competition to see who could shout the word "penis" the loudest. Jols's penis sounds like "fierce". I dunno why.

So we took a cab back to Wy's place. I asked if his brother was home. This was only because wy's brother ALMOST GOT US KILLED THE LAST TIME HE DROVE US UP THE MOUNTAINS IN CANADA AND WASN'T PAYING ATTENTION TO THE ROAD AND GOT THE CAR SMASHED BY A TRAILER TRUCK WITH THE BUMPER FLYING OFF. Yeah so that's why.

Anyways, while we were in Weyi's car Ben called to say that I got the internship with Citibank. *SCREAM* It sounds nice because the department is the corporate sales and structuring department. It was nice of Ben to call and tell me more about the job. As a rule of thumb, the more number of syllables to the department, the more fancy sounding. Also, Auntie Bin got back to me and her HR people sent me the application form for PriceWaterhouse Coopers. In this case, the syllables don't count because I have never heard such a long name before. Obviously the person who started the company didn't realise it would be such a pain in the ass to type the full name out all the time.

Dzarrin is going for a trip to Dubai. The trip is damn good because there is a networking session and the school is sourcing internships for the students. He told me to join him for BSM but I've already gone for the trip to Canada and I would feel bad if I made my parent pay for me again. However, this is a great opportunity for Dz and this is a major step in creating a kickass resume for him. Very happy for him. Tots excited. Cube, octogon, googolplex

The food at supper was not bad. It felt like a Friday really. I can't remeber the last time I just dumped my books and just took off like that. It was great seeing some of my best friends today and getting the 2 internships for summer. Lovesit cube. I just may be able to beat 2006 after all.







No comments: