Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Today I went for the PWC interview. Got lost in a sea of people at Raffles Place and couldn't find exit F. For the first time ever, I got to witness the madness of the morning rush in the business district. People were like cows la. Thousands of cows. I just kinda wondered "shit is this going to be me as well?". Was wondering where the hell the PWC building was when I saw a bloody huge building with PriceWaterhouse Coopers in shiny lettering, and then I thouht "oh, so that's where it is." The best thing about the p dubs building is that there's subway right next to it.

The office was really nice. It was bright with all the p dubs marketing and branding at work, selling the "collective thinking" term it likes to use. I dunno I guess I bought it. They had a large map of the world that was made up of many "hello" words in different languages. It was quite nice.

Sheela took me for the interview and went straight into the details. She asked me at least 20 questions. Standard questions like where do you see yourself in 5 years time, what are you strengths and what would your friends say about you and more. I guess an interview is easy if you want something bad enough and you are being sincere. And I think I had both.

The last question she had was why do you think we should hire you compared to our 25 other candidates. Shitez I thought. But I knew my answer like I had known her question all my life. I told her I am dilligent and hardworking, but it is my love for people and life that really makes me different. I think it was the most honest answer I gave.

On her way out she pointed out that I have an eye for all the details in the office. I guess I did tell her I liked the office and the motto. But hopefully more than just a boy with a knack for details, I hope she found a person who is ready to give this internship a shot.

No comments: