Saturday, February 17, 2007

A Poem To A Friend

Like reeds over water,
Your heart seems to ponder,
The purpose of you,
Your meaning, you wonder.

Your eyes tell it all,
Like children lost in a maze,
No compass or map,
An ignorant daze.

I see cloudy eyes,
Looking to the skies,
In the guise of the fallen,
Some hero lies.

The horn has sounded,
But you're nowhere to be found,
The race has begun,
Do you hear the sounds?

They are running and chasing,
Dreams are on fire,
They are climbing and growing,
But where is your desire?

I will reach out my hand,
And I'll pull with my might,
But you have to fight back,
It is time to take flight.

Each moment we have,
Is second to cherish,
Live on regret,
And our hopes will perish.

There comes a moment,
Where a dream must take flight,
To soar beyond our limits,
And into the night.

I believe when you're ready,
And your heart isn't heavy,
You'll rise when you fall,
And on your feet you'll be steady.

No comments: