Friday, September 28, 2007

Today I went to school in the evening to give a short speech during the citi career talk. Saw Jing Jing and Charlotte from HR and it was good to see them. The speech went well except for all the "urhs" in between. Gross. I swear it's a bad habit. One of the management associates spoke before me and he was the fakest piece of cardboard ever. The jokes were flatter than kiera knightley on atkins. Gees can't people be themselves?

I bumped into Sharon, one of the relationship managers from citi, a few days ago. Was good to see her. She looks well. After that I was reminded that I had to ask my boss Alfred for a testimonial letter as well. He emailed back with "oh my! sorry overlooked your previous email" reply that confirmed my suspicion that good ol alfred was actually just really too busy but he'd get it done. I don't blame him at all.

He said he has recommended me for the management associate program so that was really nice of him. I never felt like he was my boss but really a good friend. I think we hit it off really well. Alfred must be like 45 with 2 kids but I think deep inside is a silly AC boy ready to untuck his shirt and run wild. I am very grateful I met him. He had a real passion for the job and he has taken care of his family. 20 years down the road I hope I can turn out someway similar.

Wearing the shirt and tie for the first time in months, I was reminded that it did feel good to be back with the citi. I do miss my friends there. Next week I'm meeting Ivan and Kelvin for lunch. I miss tiebin and val and lung and sarah and oscar and eleen and assem and wendy and janet and even alfred haha. Good times. But I'll be back soon.

No comments: