Monday, September 03, 2007

I believe he exists. And I'm sure most of us believe that he exists.

But sometimes I wonder if he really exists. Ask yourself what is your faith based on? If you believe he exists because you feel blessed, open your eyes to the people that live life with alot more suffering than you do. If you believe he exists because of something you feel, what are your feelings based on? If you believe he exists because of something that happened to you, what about those who have had terrible things happen to them?

When things go right. Praise be. When things are bad. Say it's his will be done. Bad things are not his fault. Why? I dunno. The scripture tells me so.

It's alot easier to believe that there's a BFG somewhere looking out for you. It feels safe and comforting. But is he really there?

Where is he? Will he ever come by just to say hello? It's in his time they say. But what about us then? Do we go to hell because we didn't get to know him?

If you say that we can't fully understand him because we're just made to be like that, I think it's rational that we aren't expected to believe him fully. How do you fully believe something you don't understand completely?

Don't take the easy way out in your faith and religion. Don't rely on the safety and comfort of the herd instinct. I challenge you to be a real believer. A real skeptic and a true follower at the same time.

I don't know if I can be considered a real christian. But even if I'm going to hell, God is going to give me a pat on the back before I go in for being a real skeptic and believer in the truth.

No comments: