Thursday, September 20, 2007




I did this tonight as my first painting in a year or more. I love horses so much, and it was only natural that I would paint a horse. I love the colours so much because they really catch you immediately.




This painting is a self-portrait. I love nature alot so I decided to paint myself at one with my surroundings. Can you see a tree? You can see the neck and shoulders are the roots and earth, and my face is the leaves and branches. The blue represents the sky, and just like in real life you see patches of sky through the branches. On the top right of the picture is the sun, which pours through the leaves. I love this painting alot because I managed to capture my mood.



In my previous life I was an artist. Poor, bohemian, and smoking pot half of the time.

Sometimes this past-life persona creeps into present day, and I can go mad doing any kind of art. Painting, drawing, sewing, cutting, pasting, shading, mixing, moulding, writing and singing.

I was very inspired by the Art Auctions and also Mr Tham's advice to just go and experience things, so tonight I just went mad and did 2 paintings in watercolour. It came out like magic. I haven't touched a brush in a year, and I think these 2 pieces are my best works. I've matured alot this past year, and I find it's so amazing how it's transcended into my work.

If you're wondering what technique I'm using, I dunno wtf I did. It's my own wierd abstract style I came up with myself. I love it because it's so spontaneous, so utterly random and non-precise. In fact it's so bizarre I have very little control over how it turns out. It's like the damn things painted themselves.

No comments: