Saturday, June 23, 2007

The luxury of waking late I tell you. I've been very tired cuz I haven't been sleeping early and work is too early for humans. Even though work has been good, I am loving the weekend. Yesterday, I thought I had been relieved of my position on the department's dragon boat team, but then Sharon said, "Hey Ian, Dai-san has to meet with some clients today. Can you take his place? I give you a taxi voucher, go home and get your stuff!"

Sweat.

So by 4.30pm I was wearing shorts and wetshoes in the office wrapping up the last of my work. Corporate Banking's team colour was chosen by HR so we ended up wearing pink tshirts with the citi logo on it. The girls were rolling up their sleeves and comparing sizes. The guys were still wondering why pink.

Sweat.

The dragonboat race was fun though haha. Rainer brought his ba-zhang on the bloody boat and it drowned along the way. I can't believe he actually ate it after that. These angmos seriously.

They chartered a bus for us to and fro from our office to the Singapore River. My boss, Alfred, didn't go so he was watching from the 16th floor of the Centennial Tower, which overlooks the river, and probably having a good laugh haha. We came back to the office, half wet and sweaty.

So that was how the first week of work ended. It's been a nice first week. It's only been 4 days but I feel like I've made some good friends. I bumped into Sheryl on my way home and she was like, "Oh did you just come from school?" I was like no I came from the office . She was looking at my wet shoes. She laughed and told me Sam was working at Citibank also so I knew I'd have another lunch buddy.

No comments: