Thursday, June 21, 2007

It was a good 2nd day at work. I slept early the night before and I felt great. I visited HR and dropped off my passport size photo. There Ting ting was, friendly as ever, and concerned how my fiasco with the school went. I told her with relief that it sorted itself out. As much as it angered me, it was over and I am ready to let it go.

Strangely, the people in the lift looked alot friendlier today. As I stepped into the office I noticed how quiet it was in the morning. My colleagues only got in around 9.30 so it was just Kelvin (lao jiao intern extraordinaire) and me. Kelvin ends his internship next week and starts on the Management Asociate program soon. 4 grand is alot of money for fresh grad pay but I have to double check that figure so I don't wrongly sign my life away for eternity.

The global corporate banking managers are all foreigners from all sorts of places so you hear them contacting clients over the phone in wierd languages. Towards the end of they day they are on the phone booking dinner for clients.

It's my 2nd day and they want me to join the dragonboat race team of our deparment. There's a corporate banking dragonboat race next week you see. Shit.

Lunch is alot better at City Hall than Raffs Place because its more spread out. I had lunch with the interns today. They have a great sense of "16th floor" commeraderie. Those nutjobs love food as much as me. Tomorrow we're going to the new foodcourt at suntec. Either that or lunch with Ambrose and Jasmine.

The view is amazing. The windows are large in the office so we get an amazing view of the city and the sea. The ferris wheel is right next to us so it looks huge. As I took a sip from the water cooler and stole 5 minutes in betwen work, I was thinking about what a ride it's been this holiday. It's not about the things I've done over the last few months. But the things I've gone through just to get this point. I think I've really grown up these few months. And contrary to what I was told, this was not by luck.

No comments: