Sunday, June 10, 2007

As my choices are being narrowed down, I am beginning to listen less to what people are saying, and more of what I feel will be right. This will be the hardest decision to make, but wherever I go, I know that I'll be trying my best to be happy and successful in my education.

Indiana University is a huge-ass public school in the mid-west of the US. It is famous for its beautiful campus and excellent Kelley business school. I haven't heard of Indiana before, but the business week and US news rankings place Kelley as the top 10 and 11th business program in the states for 2006. Here is just some snippets of information that have helped me consider my transfer, some information I'd like to share with you too:

"Hi Lee Kong Chian, my name is Kelley,"

"I come from Indiana,"

"It's a great place to live,"

"and to make a living."

Much of my dream to head to the states comes from wanting to study business, and also to make the world my oyster. I've always wanted to venture out, kick some ass and chase a dream. I know that I can make a difference for my family if I venture out to see the world.

Tonight my dad called me from Bali and he said, "You know, don't worry about all of this." It was as if he knew what was on my mind. "You have so many options. Stay here. Do psychology. Take a year off. Or study in Indiana. You can think about it and decide." At that moment I kinda knew my decision.

About 60 years ago, a man from China took a junk across oceans to America, and chased his dream at a University we would come to know today as the ivy league school, Berkeley. This dream ensured his family would always be well taken care of.

About 35 years ago, 2 teenagers named Linda and Stanley took a plane from Singapore to San Fransisco, not even knowing what the hell their university would look like. And their dreams ensured their family would be well taken care of.

Who knows how my applications and appeals will turn out like. But whatever happens, I intend to make sure that my family will someday be thankful that I made the decision to chase my dream.

No comments: