Saturday, June 16, 2007

I've decided to stay. And not only stay, but stay on an extra year at SMU.

The bulk of students here can't wait to graduate. They are ready to break out into the working world.

I guess so am I, but I'd like to make sure I'm ready. SMU has been the best thing that's happened to me, and I would like another year to learn and to grow.

Working at pdubs for the last 2 months has taught me alot. One of which is that anyone can do anything if they really put their mind to it. I've learnt alot, and I'd like to get a few more chances to learn before I graduate.

I've also decided not to pursue an appeal to transfer to the business school. This is SMU. We're different!

So the plan is to spread out my courses like hell, improve my grades, take a term to work, and to go overseas for business programs. I'll probably have to start thinking about the GMAT and the CFA towards graduation. My eye is on the MBA.

This goes beyond looking better on paper. I feel a year will allow me to grow and really enjoy my education. I love business.

NYU and Wharton have summer programs in Business, so hopefully I can go. My dad is especially supportive of me getting out of the country.

I feel very grateful. I was having lunch with Gabe and Mark at Pret A Manger at Raffles Place when I thought of how lucky I am. I never take it for granted that I have a good family. Great friends. A good school. And many opportunities to find myself. Just thinking about all these things I have makes me sure I'm staying.

I have no idea how much money I spent applying for transfers, but I smile and I am confident of the choice I have made. I guess the big guy was watching over me after all.

No comments: