Thursday, June 07, 2007

Er and I were talking about our goals. He said he was abit worried that his dream didn't come in the form of a practical, "I want an analyst position at Goldman Sachs" kinda goal. But why should anyone's have to be?

If your goal in life is to have 5 kids. Then so be it. If you want to be living life on the edge, then that's great as well. The point is, the most important thing about our goals is establishing one. And that's the battle half won.

A goal, no matter how bizzarre, random or out of point, gives us a little more direction. Dedicating your life to christ, playing xbox, making ice cream, watching tv, giving people traffic tickets are all justifiable in their own ways.

I've always challenged myself to meet a goal, to chase a dream, and I can tell you honestly, when you miss your own mark, the feeling is like shit.

But can you imagine life without a goal? Where everything is, just, ok, because it is. How then do we better ourselves? Unless of course your goal is just to sail along and blah your way through, then that's justifiable. I guess. Blah.

No comments: