Thursday, June 28, 2007

David is still on eurotrip'07. We talked about him being in Las Vegas over msn and I think he's all set. In some ways this is good prep for him leaving. Not for him. For us. For the last few weeks, Dave's been in europe and we're learning how to make do. For the next few years, our family will probably be apart with the 3 of us coming and going. Dave's coming back on Sat though. And by August 15th he'll be off for good.

Coincidentally, that's when school starts. I think I'll be flying off to vegas to help him settle down so I'll probably skip the first week of school. It will be a good time for us to get started for a new school year ahead.

I can't believe this is my younger brother. I am so happy for him. This is his break-out moment. For all the times he has worked hard in school, this is his ultimate payoff.

I'm sad he has to go, but this is his chance to make it big. For all the times we talk about our hopes and dreams, this is Dave's chance to go and live it. We always go, 'if i could have a dream house i'd have...'. But this is dave's chance for real. And i have no doubt that he'll be doing his best in everything he does.

One day I hope we can come together again as family and really enjoy life together again. The kwoks will take a hiatus for the time being. But I hope that we'll be able to make our mark, and one day we'll have the means to kick ass together.

No comments: