Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Yknow just when I thought I was getting over the craziness of summer, I saw the openings for Citibank internships for NEXT summer posted up on ontrac. WTH. They're even more onz about internships than me. Abit the out of hand seriously.

Since work ended I haven't escaped the clutches of Citi. I met up with my colleagues for lunch last week. Went for the citi talk a few weeks back. Bumped into my aunt from citi recently. Had dinner with 2 of my jc classmates in citi. It's been haunting me.

Spent the night writing my cover letter and resume. Like WTH right? it's not even 2008. But HR asked me to send it to them so they could fwd it to the right departments. I'm honestly abit annoyed I have to deal with this now. But I have no choice because the openings are coming. URGH. I hope they don't drag this.

Writing my cover letter, I realise that beyond the corporate propaganda that I was spewing at the citi career talk, I was really proud of the work we do at Citi. I read the cover letter I wrote, and it sounded like the best one I had written because it really came from my heart.

This is a big deal for me because I will probably be working for citi if I go into banking after graduation.

My parents are quite pumped up for the fact that I've got my foot in the door. "That takes a burden off us!" my mom said. But with the subprime mess unravelling who knows when the door is going to slam on my foot.

No comments: