Thursday, October 04, 2007

I had a great day today. Watched "Balls of Fury" with Lionel after class and just had time to chit chat, walk about and have some fun. OMG we laughed so loud. Lionel has been a good friend of mine since we knew each other for 2 days of training at PWC. Just getting to know him as a good friend was worth 2 months of auditing. He starts work at Shell in dec so that should be great fun, however, that will mean I'm going to miss his company.

After that I went for Uncle Yeo's 80th birthday. What a special occassion. We were invited to Tower Club for a dinner with some of his closest friends. Many of his kids and friends gave really touching speeches about him. He has worked so hard to make sure all 4 of his kids can grow up without worrying about being provided for. And now they are all successful. What a legacy. And I only hope one day my family can same thing about me.

Dinner was great. Nat doesn't eat fois gras so I had 2 huge pieces. Lots of champagne. Excellent company with good old friends. I'm so happy for John. He made it to berkeley school of music. Sean is also doing great at business school. Nat and Jean are also in medicine. Alex is also having fun in Australia. It's so funny because I've always seen them like my younger siblings and now they're all grown up.

Auntie Bin was there. There's something about her that's extremely special. Like when she talks to you it feels as though nothing else in the universe matters. She recommended me for PWC so I'm very grateful. Felt nice to see her since I left pdubs.

Talked to Uncle Tongel about my Singtel incident over dinner as well. He's a lawyer so he would know. He said it was a case of fraud and misrepresentation. I spoke to my professor who is also a lawyer and he said the same thing. I will call Evelyn's mom (another excellent lawyer) just to make sure I am sure I am correct. Uncle Tongel was like, "Isn't your mom's old friend the Singtel no.2 guy? why don't you just email him instead." Oh. Good advice uncle tonge.

Growing up, and knowing all these aunties and uncles since yonks, you tend to take it for granted that they are all really very special individuals, all very dear friends. As I looked around, I realised how exceptional all these parents were. Hardworking, capable and loving people who have done all the best for their kids, who have made it in life, and who have kept their best friends. I just hope I can be anything like these very exceptional people, these people who I am grateful for as friends.

No comments: