Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Tomorrow there's this Cornell talk on. SMU established some partnership with them so apparently we can go on exchange there. And even more importantly, get a chance to transfer there. All those feelings about transferring university again. Sometimes I think why the hell did I stay in SMU when I could have used my SAT scores to get into a good school in the states. But then there's no way I would have done all the things I've done here. Here I've milked my opportunities dry. I've learnt alot about myself.

I was watching that video about poverty and I thought it would really be fulfilling to do humanitarian work. And then I thought about Cornell. I had a brangelina moment where I thought maybe I could transfer and do political science there. And after that work for the UN in Africa. Not a serious thought. But one of those "what if" moments. If life was just about me maybe I'd risk something like that. But obviously we have a responsibility to family. So we give up helping others to help our own. I suppose its a choice most of us make.

Oh well I hope the talk is good news. I hope they don't pick people based on GPA again. Understandably it's because it's Cornell. But GPA doesn't really mean much if your life skills are zilch and that's not going to make Cornell any easier. Yeah I'm bitter. Please you goddamn beurocratic bitches, just accept my B+ average. I promise I'll make Cornell more happs. Corns I mean.

No comments: