Saturday, October 27, 2007

Long day. Was in school from 11-10pm to do econs. Then supper with the Specs at Holland V. Bumped into one of the Citibank relationship managers from Khazakstan there.

Auntie Seok Yong smsed me today to say the family is going up to KL this weekend. I suppose since mom went away she's been on "standby" just in case we needed anything.

It's Kai's birthday. Which means it's about a year since he passed away. Time flies. I feel alot more grown up in the last year. I don't think feel like a kid anymore. Definitely not jaded. Just a little more weathered. Wiser. More determined. Less uptight (probably not, ok maybe less). Slightly more opinionated. Alot more balanced.

Kai, I don't think we are going to forget you anytime soon. When I think of you I remember the ACS i version. The good old pole vaulting days. I lent ky my running spikes today and immediately I thought of the good times. Those were really good times yeah?

On one hand I'm sentimental about the good times. But most of me is just ready to embrace "now", to make the present count. To cherish my family and friends now. To keep trying my best and looking ahead.

No comments: