Sunday, October 28, 2007

Just went for supper at newts with mike and baps. Nothing much else today. Just had my harvard finance lessons online and finished some internship applications. I think I must have sent out 30 cover letters since I came to SMU. I must say they look much better than they started. I mean 2.5 years ago I really had nothing to show for. It's really amazing what time can do.

I decided to take the Franklin Templeton offer. I think because I was more excited about working in Toronto and doing fund management than going to Cornell. I'm really sad I don't get to go to Cornell now, but I think it's abit too expensive. So my last 3 terms kinda looks like this now:

summer: citi/O&M
year 4 term 1: Templeton (2 months sg, 2 months toronto)
Year 4 term 2: stay in sg (GROSS)

Without Templeton I could have graduated 4 months ealier, but I don't think I can pass up the chance. I only get one shot to try everything before I graduate and I want to make sure I've made the right choice. Anyways Canada is a beautiful country to live in, and if I work at Templeton for 2 months here and there, I might have a chance to live in Toronto after I graduate. Jols, Weiyi and Serene are thinking of going there on exchange the same time I'm there so I hope we get to meet up.

Canada is a great place to live because the people aren't rude and in your face like the Americans. They're very civilized like the Europeans, except more tolerant to other races. You know just thinking of Vancouver makes me happy. Both Vancouver and Toronto are ranked very highly on a table of countries with the best quality of life. It will be nice to go back. Me and Weiyi talk about going back all the time.

Nothing is confirmed until I sign my contract and get on the plane so I'm trying not to think about it yet. I'm just grateful I've worked my ass off the last 2 years so I don't have to worry about all the nitty gritties anymore. A few months ago I'd be stressing out about the details and "OMG am I going to do this or that when I graduate?". Haha it's weird just reading how I got so worked up. But heck that, time to relax, keep doing my thing, and watch how things unfold.

No comments: