Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Work has been good this week, ironically for the fact that there actually was work to do. The monetary authority of singapore runs checks and I've been helping my boss tidy up our paperwork and prepare documents to show that the correct procedures have been put in place. When I scanned through our client list I then realised how big our accounts really are. That kinda put things into perspective and reminded me that I have a bit part in putting on a big citi show. Our department only has a bunchful of managers but they handle all the biggest accounts in the bank. And in between snacking on chocolate or chittish chattish with the other interns it's easy to forget.

It's especially now that I'm thinking what I can do when I graduate. In some ways I'm very grateful. I'm getting a quarterlife (non) crisis even before the halfway mark of school. It's like art vs money back and forth non-stop. I am pretty mixed up about what I want to do and I'm just happy I get to figure it out during the holidays. I am even happier thinking about my 2 module work week. How fucking awesome is that.

Now the hard part comes figuring out what I'm going to do when school starts. Or more like when work ends. It's either part time at the bank or part time advertising so I have to pick soon. Whatever it is I am so looking forward to seeing my friends when school starts.

I wish school was 4 years worth of internships. I can tell you everything you learn in school goes in the dustbin. Well at least a good part of it. And ok except your accounting courses. Do your best to get good grades, but try not to take the stuff you learn in school too seriously. Except maybe your strategy class. The best way to find out if you love doing something is just to get up from your ass and go try it.

No comments: