Saturday, July 14, 2007

At work people tend to try to size up who you are and where you come from so that they know if you are either: 1) a threat 2) potentially useful to them 3) neither.

I think it's just part of growing up that we begin to look at people the same way. As far as we don't want to, we evaluate people subconsciously. I think it's just human nature to do so, and it's something we can't control. What we can control is how we deal with these evaluations.

Twice this month I was asked out of the blue, "do you stay on landed property?" I mean who the fuck do you think you are to ask me that.

It is sad that people should base your evaluations on how big your house is or what your parents do.

I love talking to people and I am interested to know about them, but there are instances where I hold back because I feel that certain questions are not appropriate or just politically incorrect, as much as my intentions are genuine.

No comments: