Sunday, July 29, 2007

Between the 3 of us, our wardrobes can probably give an entire season of Zara a run for their money. Ok maybe not really. We have way more shoes.

One of the perks of having 2 brothers the same size as you means having 3 times the amount of shoes and clothes to wear. It's like your very own department store. Street style? Level 2 Mikey's room please. Beach prep? Level 2 David's room. Everything in between? Level 3 my room. That's not even talking about the shoes.

I hate talking about clothes usually because I think style is a very personal thing. In fact this is probably the first and last time I will ever put my thoughts down about the topic. I think fashion and style is a very sacred thing. So much so that talking about it really makes it lose some meaning. Like how people tend to over evaluate art. So shut up. For someone who loves clothes alot, I hardly talk about clothes. Its only when I'm with my brothers do we feel comfortable to debate the merits of cargo pants.

Style is one thing you can't be taught. You can cheat and copy, but nothing says style better than a person who truly dresses the way they feel like. Style is something innate, because even though me and my bros grew up in exactly the same conditions, we turned up with very different ideas about style. It came from ourselves.

Clothes aren't really important though. I bet if I had to burn all my clothes tomorrow I'd be ok. The trick is not to take fashion too seriously. Don't pay too much for anything. Dress exactly how you feel like. And just have some fun.

No comments: