Tuesday, July 24, 2007

SMU is a school that really throws you into the real world whether you fucking like it or not. Project work, presentations, class participation, community service and internships. Compulsory.

Coupled with seminars and overseas trips and career talks, you are force fed with everything you need to get you ready. It's like the moment you're in, they're preparing to send you out.

It's not even halfway into my time at SMU and I already feel like I'm ready to step out. It's so wierd. It's only last term did everyone suddenly turn serious and begin to take their career plans so seriously. And it's great to be in a panic so early, because it gets the whole OH MY WHAT AM I GOING TO DO WITH MY LIFE part over and done with alot earlier.

You know sometimes talking about work can irritate the shit out of myself but I think it's alot better talking about it now and making the right decisions now so after that we can relax and don't have to to talk about it after its been sorted out. I look at the seniors who nabbed the best jobs. They barely talk about work. That's the way to go padre.

Something serious to consider for us all is a looming recession just on the horizon. Most predict 2010. What makes me damn fortunate is that we're going to graduate before we all have our hugging-liv-tyler-flying-to-space-to-blow-up-asteroid-Armageddon moment. So hopefully none of us have to worry about this. Word of caution for those who are graduating in 2010-12.

On a less serious note pheebs is enjoying her time in HK. Lucky5million. I guess so am I. Just less the fact that I'm not at the shopping epicentre of asia. Gross. Dz must also be having fun in Dubai. Lucky6million. I wonder how nice the burj looks in real life. Eric at mediacorp. Cheryl at the media authority. Del is now at Exxonmobs which is great because I hear its a very we-are-family-I've-got-all-my-sisters-with-me kind of company. It's very nice to see your friends doing well all over the place. Even if it's on jurong island hahaha.

No comments: