Sunday, July 15, 2007

Today we went out for family lunch and we were talking about Mike doing interior design. He's always been great with style and I had this random idea that he should get into it. I've always had a knack for design but interior design is something I can't do. Mikey, on the other hand, has always had an eye for furnishing and details.

David is also going to las vegas to study hospitality. Something he's really wanted to do. Then I just thought about it and I was thinking so now WHAT THE FUCK AM I DOING ABOUT WHAT I WANT TO DO. I've played the finance thing enough to slap on my resume, but now I need to go out and do something I'm good at. Art or advertising or marketing or just anything creative.

I jokingly told bap that I should quit school and study art. Predictably he just shrugged his shoulders and said yeah why not. I didn't really mean it but I think Bap was ready for the worst. I am very grateful that my parents have been behind me in everything I do.

So this term I cannot wait. Hopefully I can start work part time at an ad agency or a marketing department. I really have to start planning the next 3 years of my school life so I can gather enough experience to say that I am ready for advertising or marketing.

I am thinking of the NYU summer course in marketing. Parson's at NYC / Paris also has a design and management course that I am very interested in. I am also thinking of taking oil painting and volunteering at the museum next to school. This coming term looks like my break-out summer and I can't wait.

No comments: