Thursday, November 01, 2007

Tomorrow I'll visit Kai's family if I can after school. It's a twist of fate that he passed away a few days from his Birthday. I can imagine auntie seok yong and uncle chee chiang will be pretty down this period. Recently I've been thinking about Kai. The chengs used to drop off food or stop by to say hello sometimes, but not recently. I guess I haven't heard from them in awhile. It will probably open up old wounds. But I think we all miss Kai. By sticking together we keep that piece of him inside us alive.

On a happier note tomorrow Norainee is bring her son to class because her parents are unwell so they can't look after him. YAY! I am the designated nanny for tomorrow because she has to do a presentation in class, and I have exclusive rights to Ameer while she is busy. My god I love kids. I swear even if I had one now I'd be a good dad. I'd take him out every saturday just like bap used to take us out. I'd be good at reading, and I'd make make him watch spongebob with me.

Sometimes I wonder how the $#%& did my parents do such a good job. If they had an appraisal I'd give them full marks. My only gripe is that we never had soft drinks in the house when we were kids and they limited us to one ice cream a day. We always hold that against them haha. But other than that, I just don't know how they did it. I think I set the precedent as the elder brother by never letting them nag. OMG the times I had literally debates with my mom. Somehow we could always have a very rational debate. We were like the epitomy of ACJC VS RJ debate team. On the other hand, me and my dad would argue like ACJC VS RJ rugby team.

But I think at the end of the day I realized that my parents always gave me space, and they knew I could make decisions on my own. And that's why we have alot of respect for each other. Yknow if they were my age and I had never known them before, I think we could be friends. Ok. Weird.

Tough being a parent. But I'll be the first to sign up when the time comes.

No comments: