Sunday, November 11, 2007

We always talk about doing a job we love or pursuing a passion or setting up our own business. I wish life were that simple. We forget that there are people we need to support. People who are going to fall ill. People who need our help. And more often than not these people are family.

My god sometimes I talk to my grandma and it's emo fest. She's not had an easy life. My grandfather died early. She's been sick before. And recently there's alot on her mind about my aunt who's got diabetes. Life is not perfect, and as I grow up I am learning you have to deal with it, otherwise it's going to deal with you.

Money isn't everything. But when you have to pay medical bills, rent, utilities and more, you begin to realize that there are some things that money can buy.

The truth is I hate to worry about money. It's like life is already so complicated, I don't want to have to worry about something as stupid as money. Maybe that's why it's important for me to get a good job. So I can just concentrate on working hard and doing my thing rather than how I'm going to make ends meet. I may not prefer doing a better paid job. But it may mean that me and family get to live easier. And that's real happiness.

My family has never been poor but even so I never take anything I have for granted. The biggest lesson that my grandma taught me is, "study hard. if you study hard we'll all get a big house to live in." And that house has to fit everyone I love.

No comments: