Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Thanks to the power of Visa, I signed up for the Introduction to Financial Statements course with INSEAD over the internet. It's like a revision for all the accounting stuff I've done in FA and PWC. Alan said that I'd have to read financial statements at Templeton so I thought it would be good to do a refresher course and slap something on my resume at the same time since I have nothing much to do during the hols.

It's been quite a madhouse year because I've been working like hell towards finance. If you use your index finger and cover the line which reads "bachelors of social science, major in psychology", there's no way you'd be able to guess what I'm majoring in from my CV. To make things more schizo, I made 2 different resumes so that my arty bohemian marketing side doesn't clash with my bureaucratic, corporate finance side.

Next year is going to be an even more madhouse year. Because I'm taking a term off, it's 4 internships back to back. Citi is not confirmed yet and I'm a little kancheong about the whole application thing because I'm such a damn planner. If they don't get back to me by Jan I'll prob have to email uncle kwang meng in HK or jeffrey in NY. To be honest I'd much rather go to citi HK or credit suisse NY because it would be alot more exciting, but I've got to take this last internship like my job interview, and chances are I'd rather work here over hk or ny.

I'm thinking even if it doesn't fall through, it would be nice if I just had some time to travel and maybe do some relief work in Africa. Ever since watching that Angelina Jolie documentary I realised that something so basic as food and water is so scarce in other parts of the world.

This term has been so draggy because I didn't have much to look forward to. But next term will be alot better because I am just looking forward to the end of it ha. The irony.

No comments: