Tuesday, May 08, 2007

You and me. We're so different. But that's what makes us special.

I was born first. But honestly it doesn't mean much to me anymore now that we're grown up. I used to say that you never gave me any respect growing up, but I don't think I meant respect as an older brother. What I meant was respect as a friend.

For all the times I've been hard on you I'm sorry. I am equally hard on myself too.

When we argue and shout hurtful things, we only mean to say the meanest, most painful things that we can think of. Things we really don't mean. What we never say is how much we appreciate each other. It's like a rule that is understood.

But I break this rule and I say that I am very grateful that you are my brother. I am very thankful for you. And even when we don't get along, or argue over clothes. Or who sits in front. Or who is right or wrong, I am always wishing the best for you.

And the next time we're angry. Pissed. Shouting f-words and saying the worst things. Even then. I pray that we'll think of the things we don't ever say. That I'm glad you're my brother. Always.

No comments: