Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Haven't done much this week. It's 3.47pm and I'm at the client today. This morning the cab came late and I made them waive the booking charge even though I'm not paying for the cab fare. I think it's about the principle though. I have a nice desk with a window, and a laptop in front of me. I sit opposite a very cheerful lady who is one of the staff. She sees me typing away at my laptop and reading imaginary figures intensly off my screen. What she doesn't know is that I haven't done much work today.

Considering what a whirlwind last week was, this week is a slow mover. I'm pretty happy to take a break because I've just recovered from a busy weekend showing Kirk around Singapore. Kirk is my huge friend from Trinidad & Tobago who I met in Canada over summer school. He graduated from Michigan and now he's in Beijing studying chinese. I can hear you say WTF?? Kirk's coming back to Singapore in a week when he's on his way back from Thailand.

Another relaxing day yesterday (Labour Day) doing nothing but waking up late, playing nintendo, and meeting weimseer for golf. The best days are always the simplest.

Spent the most of today on the net looking at business schools and finding out more about careers in banking. Just reading through all the information can be very overwhelming. Still awaiting replies from emory, usc and nyu. I better be thinking up of a plan B just in case.

I hope work picks up tomorrow like last week. Even though it was tough initially, it was pretty cool to work with numbers. Now just waiting for the client to provide us with the final year-end figures so that we can account for discrepencies and close the books finally. It's nice to have a break, but I can't wait to be back in the grind where I can act auditor.

No comments: