Tuesday, January 02, 2007

A Superhuman Year

So here it is. My first post for 2007.

This year, there's only one major resolution. And that's to top the year 2006. Some of my pals have told me that its a very vague resolution, but I don't don't think so. I know what the year 2006 was about. It was about change. It was about spending time with the people I love most. It was about seizing opportunities. It was about doing my best. And it was about being happy. So I hope this year I can outdo myself, and give 2006 a run for its money.

I watched the show "heroes" today with the fteebsers. It's about normal people who find they have super powers due to their genes. I kind of thought about it, and I think we have superhuman people amongst us, it's just that we don't realise it. What I mean by superhuman, is the talents that are God given. It's like how some people are born athletes, musicians and academics, or how some people are born winners in life. These powers don't require lazer beams to telepathic connections, but they are just as powerful in changing lives. I don't think everyone is born a superhero though. But if we do find a special something in us, we've got to make full use of it. And the most special part of being a superhero, is that only we ourselves know if we have it. We just have to look deep in ourselves. We can be told we are special, but it takes a self-realization to truly act on our special gifts to make full use of them.

It sounds crazy to think some of us have a superpower. But some of us really do. I see friends who can maximise their potential to reach their goals. Some are great with people, some are talented in business. These are the superheros amongst us. And their powers range from person to person, and not all of them use it for good means. I'll share with you a secret. It's scary, but I think I have a superpower too. But, I'm not going to tell you what it is. Because if I did, I'd be spoiling the ending for you haha. You'll have to see for yourself. The thing is, I think I only found my superpower this year. I bet it sounds crazy haha, but it really isn't. If we could all find our God-given talent, we could all make superhuman changes in our own special ways. And I have been learning how to use mine.

Growing older really does feel like a bottle of wine. It gets better as it ages. Challenges get tougher, yes. But so does the mind and spirit. It's been a great year, and I hope 2007 will be a super one.

No comments: