Thursday, January 18, 2007

pay it forward

I tell you, I am going to go nuts soon. Today is my free day but I spent the entire day in the library with Jasmine wrapping up my Financial Accounting homework and reading my marketing text. On top of work, I have tons of applications to fill out. Going to cough blood and die soon.

I am so in a mad scramble to get my internships in order this summer. Summer is 3 months away, and already there is a rush to get my internships in order. Merril Lynch didn't fall through, but I'm still pretty optimistic about the rest. I used to work at Tangs and they had a partnership program with Citibank, so I'm glad Priscilla can refer me to the Citibank people. I am also hoping to work at Oglivy this summer because it's one of the top advertising agencies in the world. I hope I can get to work with Boons during the hols. The strings are being pulled and I can feel the strain.

Pulling strings is never a nice thing. But I guess I never worry about asking for favours because I would do the same for my friends. After referring Angsish to Tangs she got a place as an intern there. I am also trying to make some arrangements for Steph so she can work at the Marriott hotel. It feels good being in a position where you can help friends. Of course, that being said, we have to separate sincere friends from the freeloaders. The friends who only like to talk about freebies, business and opportunities. That's a sad thought.

The best way of dealing with the opportunities in life, is to share the good things with people who you trust most, and maybe one day they will share their opportunities with you even if you don't ask for them. It's about the karma. So be a good friend, pay it forward, and one day, it might just come back to you.

No comments: