Wednesday, January 03, 2007

FUCK Melbourne

Delta Goodrem sings "I can see a rainbow, I can see a rainbow too." in her Visit Australia ad. And if you were on drugs, you'd see rainbows too.

I hate Melbourne. Why? Because the people who go to Melbourne never snap out of it when they return. But I don't blame them. I've seen it so many times, Singaporean kids who go there and party their time away, getting wasted on drugs and alcohol and going for rave parties. The sad part is after they return home, they feel like they don't belong anywhere after that. It's not their fault. That's how it is like in Melbourne.

When they have "Study in Australia" fairs, one thing they don't show tell Singaporean parents about is the terrible stories of what goes on in Melbourne. Drugs and alcohol are so easy to get. And it's so easy for people to fall prey to addictions because all their friends are doing it. The sad part is that the local Australians must be laughing at all the rich Asian kids who are suffering from addictions, and that's us. The local kids there have support from their families over there so they are less likely to drink or take drugs. However, the Asian students, who are far away from home, are more likely to go wild because of a lack of supervision.

Hate me for saying I hate Melbourne. But at least consider the truth for a moment. I know 2 close friends who were ruined because of Melbourne, one of whom passed away there. I know a couple of friends who have done well in Melbourne, but only because they had family support there. Unless you have family in Melbourne, don't ever send your kids there. I must mention that these vices do occur in any other part of the world. But it is certain that Melbourne is famous for its cheap alcohol and easy access to drugs.

For my friends who have come back from Melbourne, you know what I mean. I know what your struggles are like. But if you really care about your loved ones, you're going to have to tell them what Melbourne is really about. I'm not saying that you shouldn't go to Melbourne to study, but if you do, you need to go with your eyes open. And that's something that most people don't do. I must reiterate that Melbourne still has some good schools, but fuck Melbourne all the same.

No comments: