Wednesday, January 03, 2007

5,4,3,2,1.... Happy first day of schooool!

Today was my first day of school. I actually don't have lessons today, but I met KY for lunch and I had a project to discuss with Dzarrin.

I bumped into Wenkang while walking to school, which was nice because I haven't seen Wenkang in ages. He still looks the same. After that I went to meet Poon at sobes gants. Bumping into so many friends at the sobes gants was nice after not seeing many of them for one month. The gants are crazy at noon because everyone is rushing to and fro for classes.

Me and Poon went to Sultan Kebabs for lunch. Sults Kebs is the best. I shouldn't have ordered the lamb wrap though. Chicken next time. It was nice to catch up with ky because I haven't seen him for most of the hols because he's been busy in Vietnam.

Bumped into Jaz, Ambrose, Weiyi and Weims at sobes gants and admin block. Its great meeting your friends every day. I love school. I met up with Dzarrin to talk about our project. Hush hush top secret must kill you if I tell kind so that's about all for now. But I hope it comes to fruition. Boons dropped by and we met Phoebes along the way to sobes (again). The fteebsers had class there.

I decided to pay Vincent a visit at Chjimes. Vincent was one of my closest friends from the army. And till this day, I still consider him one of my dearest friends. Vincent was at Shatec before, so now he works at La Cave and Baroque at Chjimes. It was great to see Vincent. Nothing has changed about him. He's still a great conversationalist and a good talker. Vincent is one of those people who are one of a kind. In the army, we used to sit around on the roof of our block and talk about all sorts of things. Our lives, our dreams, and everything else under the sun. We had a unusual friendship. On one hand I was the typical ACS boy, and he was the street smart punk haha. On his motorbike, he took me to ktv pubs and dragged me drinking. Those were good times.

Much has changed though. We're both a little more older now. But I still see the same Vincent I've known along. He still has that determination in his eyes. Vincent is different from many of my friends. Despite his background, he has persevered and made it bigger than most of his peers. After army, I've seen many of my friends who have begun to waste their lives. It's a real pity. But Vincent is a different breed.

I think of Vincent sometimes and I think we're both sides of the same coin. There's alot I see in him that's different, but yet at the core we're very much the same. There's almost an understanding between us that we both must do our best in life to succeed. I never doubt that Vincent will do well in life. He is born to succeed. And that's some sort of instinct that is superhuman.

My first day of school has been great. But tomorrow will be even more fun. I'm having lessons with Jaz, Eric, Gabe and Serene. Die. Confirm laugh until puke kind.

I am lucky. And always grateful. My time at SMU has been the best.

No comments: