Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Today I bought a $500 drawing tablet for my laptop. I didn't even think twice about it. In a way I knew that this purchase was long overdue.

I remember always painting and drawing when I was younger. Forever doodling in class, but I somehow stopped this good bad habit.

I don't really believe in God. But if he's out there somewhere, then I thank him for giving me the gift of art.

I'd be an artist now if it wasn't for the fact that I value a stable income more. But the thing about passion is that it can never escape you.

I tried using the tablet with corel painter and the results are pretty good. I'm still getting used to drawing on the tablet and looking on the screen to see where the brush is going, but I'll get there somehow.

I might be a banker, a marketer, an ice cream man in future. But one thing I'll always be, is an artist.



I love this painting. The inspiration for this was spontaneous. I think it's a reflection of myself because I love nature. There's a sense of balance in the painting. Land and sea. Sky and Earth. I believe it represents a quiet sense of harmony that I've been feeling lately. I like the enigmatic expression on his face because I myself have no idea what this boy is thinking. But I'm sure, like me, he's pretty happy right now.
Haha I think this cat is cute. I don't know why I chose purple though. I just wanted something random. I love drawing animals. People are so much harder to draw. And you can make animal eyes super big and anime-ish.

2 comments:

RueDeLangue said...

Ah. I see concept art for a new DS game.

gabriel said...

NintenCats?