Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Just finished my interview. Still in my shirt and pants and stuck at some MOS burger till my 7pm class starts. The interview went well but I've decided not to think about it anymore and just assume I didn't get it. By next week I will probably know if I got it, but I don't want to get my hopes up.

All I know is that it's been an honor to be considered for a position with JPM. I was sitting at the reception area waiting for Sumit, when I heard a familiar voice. Turns out it was Jensen. He was there for his first interview with treasury services I think. Different department. Good luck Jensen I hope we're lunch buddies for both our sakes.

This is one of the most exciting times of our lives. It's the time when we get out of school and hit the workplace. Of course school is fun and relaxed but getting a good job determines how the next phase of our lives work out. It determines how we're going to live, and ultimately how our family lives.

I am excited. Not just specifically about JPM but about life. I've worked very hard these few months and just to see the effect of my effort is something really exciting. I'm fed up of just grades and marks. They don't mean anything by themselves. Life is so much more than just a report card.

You know in life we're used to celebrating successes, but I think if we learnt how to appreciate the process and the lessons we learn from failure, we'd be alot more content about our lives. So internship or not, I hope I've learnt something along the way and just keep on keepin' on.

No comments: