Friday, April 27, 2007

Today I had lunch with my supervisors Jo and Jen. It was Jen's treat. We had Pastamania at the client's place today. Was interesting having lunch with 2 PWC staff from Hong Kong and New Zealand because they've had so many different experiences. Jen said that PWC has the best culture amongst the Big 4, and I am not surprised.

Been a great first week. The biggest lesson I've learnt is to be meticulous at work and to ask the clients as many questions as possible. It's not about finding the numbers, it's about understanding what they mean. I'm very glad I got this job. I normally do such a bad job at being detailed, but this internship has forced me to become meticulous.

Because it's only me, Jen and Jo on the job, the amount of work we've been doing is crazy. Today was really manageable compared to yesterday. On the other spectrum, some of my intern pals get to relax because there can be as many as 40 people on their team. The millions of numbers I see everyday at work gives me a little more confidence to work with numbers if I ever work in a bank.

I am honestly grateful for this job. After a full day at work, I feel proud I worked my ass off for the company and the client. It's when I'm in the cab home that's when I get a feeling of a job well done. I can't tell you in words how it feels. Now I truly believe that anyone who is determined enough can do a job in any industry. It's all about playing a role, and working your ass off.

No comments: