Thursday, January 03, 2008

Evelyn is back. And most probably for good. With her came home a bag of Abercrombie for me and a bag of Victoria’s Secret for my mom.

It’s good to have her back. The past few years we only get to see each other every few months or so, but every time it feels like no time has passed.

Evelyn is as good as family. There are few friends like her. There’s always tons to talk about and do with her. It’s a rare thing nowadays. To find real people. She’s one of them. You know the no bullshit sort. The kind of friend that always puts in the same effort you do. The kind of friend you treasure. Really treasure.

I wish all friendships were so effortless. But that’s a rare thing nowadays, people who really care. There’s no point having 30 friends you have fun times with but who can’t really share anything with. I’ve learnt I’d rather have a small handful I can trust. That’s good enough for me.

Flakes. I realized they are my biggest pet peeve ever. Otherwise defined as people demonstrating flaky behavior. The kind you can’t count on. They disappear as and when. They are good friends, when there’s fun of course.

But for every 10 flakes, there is a person that you meet that isn’t. And that alone is worth sifting through the junk to get to know.

No comments: