Friday, August 24, 2007

Blogging. One of the internet buzzwords of our time. 20 years down the road our kids will download a software that will allow them to surf internet V1.0 and have a good laugh over their parents incriminating clubbing photos posted on their blog back in the day when people still blogged.

Sometimes I wonder why I still blog. I wonder if I really need people to read what I write, and I think, no not really. I've never been the person to give a shit about what people think (unless asked!), so it really doesn't matter either if people are reading it I guess. So in short I suppose it doesn't really matter to me.

However, one thing I have displeasure with is the fact that even the crappiest random people know how you're doing. Even your shittiest friend from yonks will know you started school this week. You're sharing your story with anyone. I believe it is nice to let your good friends know about certain things rather than having your little online pity party with anonymous87 and gang.

I like to think of my life as a series of errors in judgement. And I'd like to think that even though I don't care for affirmation, I hope someone who reads will learn a thing or two from every lapse in judgement I've made.

More importantly it's just nice to have a space where you can say FUCK THAT and make sure your proof of displeasure is recorded for future reference in case you anticipate further lapses in judgement. A sacred place where you can reaffirm your thoughts by typing them out as words and making sure you stick to your guns. It's like a contract where anonymous87 is your guarantor.

So there it is.

No comments: