Saturday, March 25, 2006

The Cathay Opens!

Today was the grand opening of The Cathay. It's just a 150m walk from school and it's located within a mall. They were giving out free tickets so I just had to go haha. Managed to get 8 tickets for me, Dzarrin, Shiqin and King Yau. The cinema isn't particularly special but the building is grand and the atmosphere is unique. I don't remember a time where the movie-going experience was this unique. We watched 2 movies back to back, and the movie The New World was really moving. It was about the true story of Pocahontas. A really solid film with great character developement and cinematography. My first time at The Cathay was very enjoyable and I've decided that this is my favourite cinema after all. Fingers crossed for a student discount. I forsee many long school days ending with a great movie and good times with friends here. Good job Cathay.

No comments: