Friday, March 28, 2008

1.23am. 7 more minutes to bed.

Yesterday was a long day. Oh, which basically means it was a normal day. In the morning had my excel presentation for CAT class. Was fucking awesome. I felt like on fire when I presented. The prof was impressed and alot of the other groups were wowed. We even did a silly brochure. Was so worried about this for a long time. PWNAGE bitches.

Had dinner with jasereims. Fun stuff. We went to crystal jade.

Then was at the shop at 2am. Mom and Bap are away so I have to manage the shop.
The fridge alarm went off so had to drive down at midnight to shop to make sure the fridge wasn't open. One of the girls put too much detergent to wash the floor and so there I was remopping the floor at 2am at serene centre by myself. Talked to Karl about running the business. He's also thinking of doing his family business. We decided we're going to conquer China one day.

Karl is very smart (and also like a 5 year old kid haha) and I think of how much the banks are paying us and that's really not what we're worth. You know even running a small ass business pays better than almost anything. Makes me wonder if its worth working for someone. To be honest its not. It's just nice to have a glamorous title and tell people you're from blah blah, but nothing beats pwning the world yourself.

Some days I feel like I have no time to relax at all. Between citi school and the shop I feel like a ping pong ball being batted back and forth. Thank god I have the cars.

In school now everyone has an internship. It's really amazing. Some people have gotten really good places and I'm glad for them. You know once you get your first job, it doesn't matter if you were a loser, or a winner, or the president, or the substitute, or a somebody, or a nobody. Everything goes inside the rubbish bin and is refreshed as either Chia Boon Tat Accounting or something like Goldman Sachs Sales and Trading.

Over the last few months I've been working like mad and I can't wait for the hols to come. I think its paid off alot. And now I feel like I will be able relax alot more when the time comes. I know alot of friends who've worked their asses off. For a GPA, for a job, for an internship, for a dream, and for the future. So congrats you stubborn mofos. Yes you. You crazy idiots who've been working hard in your own ways. For all of you who never took the easy way out. I totally understand how it feels like. And no matter what the outcome, doesn't it feel fucking good to know you did everything you can?

No comments: