Saturday, March 15, 2008

Yikes been quite a while since I last wrote anything. Been so busy. Been working at citi for 2 weeks now and trying to juggle with school. Been quite mad but with proper time management it hasn't been so bad. Times like these you really appreciate the friends that always make an effort to meet up or try to keep in touch. You also appreciate just sitting around and doing nothing. What a luxury.

I can't remember having more than an hour to relax the last 2 weeks. Even on the bus I'm writing in my notebook for my to-do list or catching up with friends on the phone or catching up with sleep. I feel tired talking just talking about it.

Even so life is good. I honestly feel good about going to work and acting as though I'm one of the people in suits and with their blackberrys clipped to their belts. At lunch time I knock off and watch the tons of people from citi head back to the office while I'm rolling up my sleeves and taking off my tie for school. It's like I get to play 2 parts. It feels nice to have the best of both worlds.

O&M got back to me to confirm my internship this summer. I couldn't say no. So just with one e-mail it has been decided that I'm not going to Africa after all. Oh well to be honest right now all I need is abit of sleep. Ok maybe alot. Templeton also got back to me to give me the green light for the internship. So I guess I've just planned my whole year in a matter of 2 weeks. I can't wait because working full-time will be much more manageable than juggling school and work at the same time. Wish I had all the time to try everything in the world.

Everyone's finally getting serious about summer internships now. Tons of people interviewing at tons of different places. I am truly excited for every one of them because it's going to play a big part in where they end up working. I think I've worked quite hard in school and it's nice to know that I finally don't have to worry so much anymore. I've paid my dues this time.

My family is setting up a new business soon. Related to the Island concept so watch for it. I was just telling Dave how we should run the business when we're done with school. Wish he was around because I can help my dad with alot of the strategy and business development ideas but Dave would know alot more about operations and ground work. I somehow feel that no matter where I work at I'll probably leave it to go back to Island someday. Just a matter of when really.

No comments: