Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Yay its good friday which means its a long weekend!!

Man SO need to sleep. I actually enjoy the work and school routine because it gives me the best of both worlds but one thing I don't have is enough sleep.

It's my 3rd week with my department and getting along well with the team. We mainly handle financial institutions so we have to be very on the ball about documentation, agreements etc. Val is also at citi so we met for lunch the other day and it was nice to catch up. Also bumped into Sharon Law from my old dept. Isn't the name Sharon Law the coolest? Did you know staff get 21 days of leave? wth.

Met Evelyn for dinner as well. Evelyn is at Estee Lauder now. She's really happy there so that's great. She is definitely the estee type and if she stays she'll be very good at her work. Alot of people getting interviews and internships the last week or so. Congrats ambrose, eric, chloe and weims! It's really exciting. Maybe I should be in HR and just be excited for people all the time haha.

For 3 years we've been doing projects, attending internship talks, doing exams and living in the library. And now we finally have something to show for it. How exciting really. We're almost there.

I was looking at Eric's excel sheet of internship applications and I was like omgg that's damn fierce. But hey this is the fucking time to be fiercer than ever. The fiercest of the fierce. Bap mentioned your first job sets you on a trajectory and I think he's right.

So if you've been working hard, been fighting for something you've wanted. Just keep on keeping on. And kick some ass.

No comments: