Sunday, December 02, 2007

Yesterday we just finished our exams. So today can sleep in right? NOT.

OMG Ann Vogel emailed us to say we have to come to school in the morning TODAY to check our grades and see our papers because she's leaving on tuesday. So grudgingly I got out of bed to go to school.

When I got there, there was this oh-so-hostile DO NOT DISTURB postit on the door so I did a keblakangpuseng out of the office area until I saw a carboard box near the door. Lying inside were our piles of exam papers and essay papers abandoned like baby kittens. mew.

So I took a look at my exam paper. K la not bad. Then I saw my essay paper, which had a madhouse weightage of 35%. 35 marks it read. Ok la not bad since it's upon 50. As I flipped through the other papers I realised no one got 40 and above. Huh wtf her marking is so strict I thought.

Then I saw the grading outline and I realised it was upon 35. HUH??!!!! WTFFFFFFF YOU MEAN SHE GAVE ME A PERFECT SCORE????!!!!

And there it was. My little oh-so-spartan moment of glory. My spotlight-on-mr-bean second. My mini happy new year party.

I was especially proud because I FUCKING WORKED my ass off for this paper. Ann Vogel also happens to be one of the most demanding professors in the history of demanding professors. I can tell you honestly she's very intimidating, but I am grateful to her because really gave me excellent advice for my paper. I'm also damn happy because although I normally do better at my business modules, I made a commitment to improve my social science skills, and finally my effort has shown. For a social scientist, a research essay is probably the most important tool in explaining a theory, and I'm quite proud of this one I wrote.

It's been a term to test my stamina because social science isn't like a math or science or business module. There's no hard and fast rules, and there's no telling if you're on the right track during the term because the research paper carries so much weight. I never thought I could do well at it, but this term has really made me optimistic.

I have worked so hard this term. And I am praying that its going to translate into my results. We'll have to wait and see.

SPARTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

No comments: