Thursday, December 06, 2007

I went to bloomberg for the training course today. OMG THEIR PANTRY HAS FREE FLOW KETTLE CHIPS, YAKULT, MEIJI MILK, FLORIDA'S NATURAL, CUP A SOUP AND HERSHEYS. Did I mention the kettle chips?

Haven't had time to rest the last few days. Have so much to do. Sunday went for the Sony Ericsson concert and GOT TO GO BACKSTAGE TO SEE WANG LI HOM. *fangirl scream* Ok that was actually my mom, who said she wanted to marry him when he started playing the violin. I hope my dad doesn't read my blog.

Sent a cover letter and resume to Bain yesterday. Got a ultrafast 24 hour turnaround reply:

"Dear Ian,

Thank you for your email application to Louis.

After a careful assessment of your application, we regret to inform you that we are unable to initiate discussions with you at this time.

We have been fortunate to have received a large number of applications from outstanding candidates like yourself, and have had to make a decision on whom to interview based on relative differences in individuals' skills and experiences.

I want to congratulate you for your past accomplishments and to thank you sincerely for allowing us the opportunity to evaluate your credentials. We wish you all the best in your career"

They sound so politically correct its like you almost want to thank them for giving you the boot. Oh well. Let's be realistic. My grades aren't above 3.5 and SMU is definitely no ivy leaguer. As they say, whatever doesn't kill you makes you want to earn more money. Wait a sec.

I got my sociology results back! A-. K la abit lower than i expected but whatever. Just damn glad its over.

Anyone for a china trip next year? I'm thinking of doing this LSE-Bei Da (peking university) program. Will be so fun if I can get Shiqin or Ben to go with me.

http://www.oir.pku.edu.cn/LSE/index.html

No comments: