Sunday, November 16, 2008

I have something to admit about this blog. I don't like to read the thoughts I've written down before.

More often than not I find myself cringing. How angry that post was. How emo, how poser, how ridiculous, how shortsighted and how could I have been thinking that? Just a couple of things I (and maybe you) have thought.

That's the problem with writing your thoughts down. And whether its a diary, or a blog, or a microsoft word document, it really doesn't matter. It's just embarrassing whether or not someone reads it. It's like a documentation of everything good and bad, where the in-betweens are scarce.

Despite the fact that it sucks to be reminded that you were a fool. I like the fact that your every transition is documented in words. I haven't looked at some of my earlier posts, but I know that they've really changed alot. I've come to terms with the fact that I'm most happy when I'm changing and growing.

It feels good knowing that somewhere between Post No. 16 and Post No.161 there's been a slow but sure change from someone that I'm embarrassed of to someone I'm proud to be.

So maybe by the time No.361 comes around I'll be looking back at this point thinking what a dumbass I used to be. And maybe I'll never stop thinking like that. But at least I'll be a much better dumbass than I used to be.

No comments: