Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Just within 2 days my family's life has been changed. Yesterday we signed the contract and today I got my acceptance letter. I feel so blessed.

One thing I've learned is to be open to unexpected changes in life, both good and bad. Sometimes we hold onto the identities we have: anything from sports person, academic, friend, banker, lawyer etc. but what happens when everything changes? Anything can change overnight. It's important not to cling to these identities too tightly because life is unpredictable.

We can only try our best, be content, and still hope that things turn out for the best for us.

The reality is barely sinking in. I still cannot believe I made it. It just doesn't compute. I have worked so hard. Not just this semester. Not just the last couple of years. But my whole life. And I think maybe I've finally arrived somewhere.

No comments: